Virtual Campus (Howard County)
Virtual Learning Events take place Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm
- This event has passed.
April Cooking Class with City Seeds
April 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Join us on Friday April 23rd, from 1:00-2:00pm for a cooking class hosted by Humanim’s culinary social enterprise – City Seeds!
Class participants will learn how to make some delicious “Spring Baked Mac & Cheese”!
- Staff or family assistance is recommended
- Ingredients will not be supplied. Please plan ahead to get everything you need!
- 1C Olive Oil
- 4Tbsp Salt
- 1Tbsp Black Pepper, Table Grind
- 1Tbsp Garlic, Fresh Chopped
- ¼C Parsley, fresh chopped
- ½Lb Green Beans, cut (can use frozen or canned if available)
- 1Lb Elbow Macaroni or other Tube Pasta (i.e., Cavatappi, Penne, Rigatoni, Cavatelli, etc.
- 1Pt Heavy Cream
- 1Pt Milk
- 1Pt Water
- ½Lb Cheddar Cheese- Shredded
- ½Lb Mozzarella Cheese- Shredded
- 1Lb Cream Cheese
- ½Lb Butter
- 1C Flour
- 1Pt Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2ea Tomato, Large, Sliced 1/3”
- Mixing bowl
- Disposable gloves
- Measuring cups
- Large Wire Whisk
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Sautee Pan
- High Temp Rubber Spatula
- Stock Pot
- Baking Dish (or metal Half Hotel Pan or appropriate dish etc.),
Heavy Duty Food Service Film (Saran Wrap)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil