When every member of our community thrives, our economy thrives, and we all reap the benefits. Humanim is a 501©3 nonprofit organization which means that all donations are 100% tax deductible.
Supporting programs that grow the workforce, strengthen families, educate our youth, and empower those with special needs, are critical to alleviating growing socioeconomic inequalities. Your financial support directly creates new jobs, stabilizes families, strengthens communities, helps students succeed, and provides critical services to individuals with disabilities to catalyze their independence. Please consider making a donation today.
We appreciate every contribution made towards helping us achieve our mission. For more information on how to donate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Innovation Fund
Humanim’s Social Innovation Fund directly supports our Social Enterprise Division, dedicated to creating jobs and economic opportunity in some of our most challenged communities. Each of Humanim’s social impact businesses advance the community through:
- Wealth building for low-income and minority individuals
- Small business development
- Skill building and workforce placement for those with barriers to employment
- Job creation, and
- Supply chain connections to empower small business owners and grow the local economy
Your contribution to Humanim’s Social Innovation Fund allows us to maximize our impact and continue to create social impact businesses that elevate our communities and the individuals we serve. To donate to the SIF, simply choose “Social Innovation Fund” from the fund field, below.
As we face this unprecedented public health crisis, we need your help to continue providing essential, uncompromising services to our community and those we serve. Your contributions are vital to sustaining our services during this time.
As part of the federal government’s new COVID-19 Stimulus Bill, additional tax incentives are now available for those who want to increase their charitable giving during this time.
Charitable Contribution Provisions in the COVID-19 Stimulus Bill
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES)
- There is a new above-the-line deduction available for up to $300 in annual charitable contributions in cash to a qualified charity, for people who do NOT itemize their deductions (contribution is subtracted from gross income).
- Prior to the CARES Act, an individual’s deduction for cash contributions to public charities generally was limited to 60% of the individual’s adjusted gross income. The CARES Act increases the deductible amount for an individual’s contribution in 2020 to a qualified public charity to 100% of the individual’s adjusted gross income.
- The COVID-19 Stimulus Bill charitable contribution provisions apply only to cash donations to qualified public charities; they do not apply to private foundations or donor advised funds. To constitute a qualified contribution, the contribution must be made during the 2020 calendar year regardless of whether the taxpayer’s taxable year is the calendar year.
- Corporations can deduct charitable contributions up to 25 percent of taxable income, up from 10 percent previously.
This information is not intended to provide legal or accounting advice, or to address specific situations. Please consult with your legal or tax advisor for specific advice and additional information
Across the community, we see inspiring displays of generosity and commitment by people determined to help others. We must remember that we are all in this together and we will get through this together. At Humanim, we remain steadfastly committed to our mission of supporting and empowering individuals who face social or economic challenges — by building pathways to economic equity, opportunity, and independence.
To donate to the COVID-19 Fund, simply choose “COVID-19 Fund” from the fund field, below.